Fine Fleur Recruitment is een gespecialiseerd bureau in de Werving & Selectie en Executive Search. De ambitieuze en deskundige Consultants bemiddelen, adviseren en begeleiden starters, ervaren professionals en managers in diverse branches.
For our client in the Netherlands (Rotterdam), a wholesaler specialising in high-quality lighting products and electronic equipment, materials and components, we are looking to recruit an experienced:
Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer) (Netherlands)
Are you an experienced Manager QC Engineer Lighting (Quality Control) looking for a new inspiring working environment in the Netherlands? Can you motivate and coach a small team of colleagues and give our clients QC department a quality boost?
Organization Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer)
Our client supplies various brands of light sources and associated products to the retail trade. Our client arranges deliveries to over 72 countries throughout the world.
Department Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer)
As Manager QC Engineer Lighting (Quality Control) you fall within the department Q & C (3) and you are part of the operations division. The operations division is responsible for making the supply chain as effective and efficient as possible.
You report directly to head of the QC department (Director operations)
Purpose function Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer)
As QC Engineer Lighting (Quality Control) you monitor / control the quality with regard to the performance of the various light source products, the technical data on the packaging of the product and the registration of the delivered goods.
- You are also responsible for optimizing and managing the various quality processes within QC / operations.
- You give operational content to the company policy in the area of product quality and you are the person who can fill the current gap in (electrical) technical knowledge and who can deal with ambiguities and discussions in that area.
- Supervise, develop, mentor and coach QC co-workers
Job description Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer)
In this position, as QC Engineer Lighting (Quality Control), you are responsible for all quality aspects in the engineering and production of various types of light sources (lamps) and you have large knowledge and understanding of international standards and laws and regulations.
Filling in the gap to current technical knowledge in the field of lighting within QC.
- Measurements on light sources
• Used technology and advantages / disadvantages
• Has compiled knowledge of reports such as OLINO (www.olino.org )
• Technical developments / expectations
The focus is on applied electro technology (LED lighting) & measure lighting sources. Knowledge and affinity with IOT.
As Manager QC Engineer Lighting (Quality Control) you are (jointly) responsible for the following activities:
Practical QC work Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer)
- Testing different products (lighting sources)
• Evaluate documents
- Check packaging of various (light) products
• In case of deviations / issues: providing content input on possible cause (components used, design errors etc, possible solutions, possible causes / solutions for varying performance of the supplier).
• Monitoring the production quality (also the QC inspection in China)
• You are also responsible for directing inspection agencies
• Realize specific business objectives yet to be determined
• Drafting and / or checking, among other things, risk analyzes, quality control plans
• Managing tests and measuring instruments
• Provide internal feedback on acceptance / non-acceptance of the batch
• Provide input for the supplier assessment
• Managing the technical files
• Through your legal knowledge, you ensure that the products of our client comply with applicable laws and regulations
• Carry out other QC activities
Main functions and responsibilities Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer)
- Drafting, monitoring and co-implementing the QC policy of the organization
• Organizing and executing both internal and external audits (Internal audits are planned / managed from QHSE, additional operational audits in collaboration with QHSE.
• Analysing quality issues and drafting improvement plans
• Preparation of control procedures, inspection and test plans / action pans
• Assess the product quality on the basis of a technical dossier, own tests, PSI reports with regard to the desired product quality
• Actively creating support for QC policy within the organization
• You manage 2-3 people with tasks in the field of testing product quality in line with quality.
• Determine which knowledge at QC is necessary to get the EC quality policy off the ground + ensure through (own) training that the knowledge comes + provide an equal term framework regarding QC within the organization wide sourcing / purchasing / sales / marketing)
• Advising / consulting / sparring with operational manager, DGA, MT, global purchase manager, KAM (You are part of the product team because of your expertise
• Work together with staff from different business units / departments
• Act as a point of contact for retail customers (developments / complaints)
• Identifying complaints / product problems / quality improvements / handling product complaints
• Documenting improvements and taking care of the management of legal guarantees
• Keeping both an internal and external reporting system (setting out quality policy, checking via QC inspection agencies, including findings in reports on steering quality towards manufacturers and managing and solving quality issues.
• You are in the lead in further optimizing processes.
• You are the sparring partner for the operational manager, MT, DGA, KAM manager and the test team in China.
• You take the different (ethical) codes of conduct within the different countries into account
Job requirements Manager Quality Control Lighting (QC Engineer)
- You are a very experienced, no nonsense QC professional (Senior level)
- You must possess at least a professional bachelor’s or master degree (electrical) engineering with 10+ years QC experience
• You have (technical) knowledge in the field of LED lighting, applied electronics, light measurements and IOT
• You have extensive and relevant QC experience within the lighting industry / light sources (Lighting)
• International experience / doing business with China is a big advantage
• You have legal knowledge and understanding of international standards and laws and regulations with regard to materials such as EU certification (CE standards) / IEC / Knowledge of relevant EU directives, liability products / technical knowledge / operational knowledge
For example, the following laws and regulations:
ü 244/2009: eco-design non-directional lamps
ü 1194/2012: eco-design-oriented lamps
ü Matching up-dates
ü 2014/35: Low Voltage Directive
ü 2014/30: EMC electromagnetic compatibility
ü 2011/65: RoHS, 6 dangerous substances that are forbidden
ü 2014/53: RED radio equipment directive
ü EU Blue guide
ü IEC 60061 lamp caps and holders: interchangeability and safety
ü IEC 60598-1 lighting fixtures: general requirements and tests (with -ty additions for light cords, pool lights etc.)
ü IEC 61000-3-2: Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 3-2: Limits – Limits for harmonic current emissions (equipment input current ≤ 16 A per phase)
ü EC 62560: Self-ballasted LED lamps for general lighting services by voltage> 50 V – Safety specifications
ü IEC 62612 Self-ballasted LED lamps for general lighting services with supply voltages> 50 V – Performance requirements
- You are result-oriented; have an eye for quality; have excellent communication skills
• Experience with quality management systems such as: ISO 9001, TQM and INK is a plus! (Our customer: certified ISO 9001 and 1400, 2015 version)
• You are practical, no-nonsense and a sincere person
• Good language skills at least English (Verbal & written) (Dutch is highly preferred)
• You are willing to travel to China several times a year
• goal-oriented, organization-sensitive, internationally-oriented, pragmatic, real sparring partner
• You are a real team player
You have or need a Dutch work permit? (Netherlands)!
Location: Rotterdam (Netherlands / Holland)
Keywords: Vacancy, hire, Manager Quality Control, Engineer, Quality Control, lighting, light cource, product, wholesaler, inspector, ISO, lighting fixtures, general requirements, tests, LED lamps, voltages, electromagnetic compatibility, EMC, eco design, quality inspector, LED
Please send your English / Dutch resume and letter of application to our recruitment department.